We are representing a government agency located in the CBD that leads the nation by bringing together services to support children and young people in the community.
A short-term opportunity has emerged for a case manager to join the team. This position calls for a part-time, experienced case manager to work between 2-5 days per week depending on your circumstances. The focus of this role is to provide information and advice on redeployment processes and practices and undertake active case management and career transition processes to deliver successful outcomes for unplaced and excess employees.
Reporting to the Manager, Case Management you will largely be responsible for:
- providing effective case management and career transition advice, support and services;
- managing the case management and career transition processes enabling a culture that empowers unplaced and excess employees for their own career transition process, decision and outcomes;
- providing the appropriate level of assistance and case management services and ensuring employees and their managers understand their responsibilities;
- dealing with enquiries in a professional manner considering best practice for a successful transition, adopting flexibility where required and conducting formal case management reviews;
- identifying opportunities for referrals, training and development and facilitating access to this process;
- preparation of case files and information on case management strategies;
- providing input into reviewing and improving the case management operating model.
Duties will also include:
- assisting affected employees to understand and participate in the agency’s placement process;
- working with managers to ensure affected employees are provided with meaningful duties which could include sourcing temporary placements to develop experience and skills;
- working with affected employees in identifying referrals for suitable alternative vacancies;
- assisting affected employees to take appropriate action in response to feedback if employees are unsuccessful.
You will have the ability to provide career counselling and advice, support and developmental and retraining opportunities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate resilience, enthusiasm, and thrive in an autonomous role. You will have exceptional communication skills and very strong attention to detail.
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Rosemary Hawker. Telephone enquiries are welcome on (08) 8100 8818 and may be directed to Rosemary Hawker.Please note: Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.